Use of this site is provided by The Karen Hilltribes Trust subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- General: Your use constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
- The Karen Hilltribes Trust reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to The Karen Hilltribes Trust are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will The Karen Hilltribes Trust be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- The Karen Hilltribes Trust does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- Copyright restrictions: Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from The Karen Hilltribes Trust. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by The Karen Hilltribes Trust to use any item displayed. Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not The Karen Hilltribes Trust). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
- The Karen Hilltribes Trust takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and The Karen Hilltribes Trust has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that The Karen Hilltribes Trust approves of or endorses any other third party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and nonproprietary information.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
- Fees and transaction charges: The Karen Hilltribes Trust do not charge any fee to persons who participate in the online donation service. The only fees applicable to donation transactions are those charged by PayPal and the card issuers.
- Unauthorised card use: When a donation is made the transaction is final and not disputable unless unauthorised use of your payment card is proved. If you become aware of fraudulent use of your card, or it is lost or stolen, you must notify your card provider in accordance with its reporting rules.
- Security Policy: Full card details are not stored by The Karen Hilltribes Trust on our servers. However, card details are stored by our payment provider Stripe & PayPal for the purposes of processing your donation. Information that is stored by The Karen Hilltribes Trust about individual donations is not made available to other organisations or companies without your express consent; to email you with information about karenhilltribes.org.uk or other relevant products and services; to contact you to discuss, confirm or check your donation details or to use in aggregate form that is not personally identifiable for analysis.
The Karen Hilltribes Trust’s registered UK office is Towerhouse Business Centre, Fishergate, York, YO10 4UA
Donations will only be refunded if the refund complies with the Charity Act 2011 and is at the discretion of The Karen Hilltribes Trust.